The Stockton Kings are set to open their inaugural campaign for the 2018-19 season at home when they host the Oklahoma City Blue at Stockton Arena on Friday, Nov. 2 at 7pm.
Stockton hits their first back-to-back of the season the next day and their first road game at South Bay on Saturday, Nov. 3 before returning home to face the Lakers once again on Monday, Nov. 5 at Stockton Arena. Stockton faces division foes at Santa Cruz (Nov. 7) and at home against Agua Caliente Clippers (Nov. 11). The Kings hit the road for a Texas swing for matchups against the Texas Legends (Nov. 14) and Rio Grande Valley Vipers (Nov. 17). Stockton ends November with home games against Santa Cruz (Nov. 19), Northern Arizona (Nov. 23) and the Texas Legends (Nov. 26) for a post-Thanksgiving matchup. During the month of December, Stockton hosts matchups against the Sioux Falls Sky Force (Dec. 2), and Erie (Dec. 10) while taking their talents on the road for games against Northern Arizona (Dec. 8), the new-look Iowa Wolves (formerly Iowa Energy) on Thursday, Dec. 13, and Salt Lake (Dec. 15). The Kings will return after Christmas for back-to-back home games with Agua Caliente Clippers (Dec. 28) and the Memphis Hustle (Dec. 29).
The Stockton Kings will start the New Year with three games on the road with contests at Memphis (Jan. 3), the Windy City Bulls (Jan. 5), and Fort Wayne (Jan. 7). Stockton hosts Sioux Falls on Friday, Jan. 11 and the defending Champion, Austin Toros for a day game on Sunday, Jan. 13. The Stockton Kings host Western Conference foe Rio Grande Valley Vipers for the first time at Stockton Arena on Tuesday, Jan. 22 followed by home games with Iowa (Jan. 24), and Santa Cruz (Jan. 25). Stockton begins the month of February as they host the new look Lakeland Magic (formerly INSERT) on Sunday, Feb. 3 before the team takes to the road to face Santa Cruz (Feb. 6), Sioux Falls (Feb. 9), and Iowa (Feb. 11). The Kings will return home for the final matchup before the All-Star break with Salt Lake City on Wednesday, Feb. 13. February ends with three games at home with games versus Oklahoma City (Feb. 22), Northern Arizona (Feb. 23), Texas Legends (Feb. 26), and the South Bay Lakers (Feb. 28).
The season winds down with six of the final 9 games of the regular season on the road highlighted with a home game vs. Memphis (Mar. 3), road games at Oklahoma City to be played at INTRUST Bank Arena in Wichita, Kansas (Mar. 6), Rio Grande Valley (Mar. 8), Austin (Mar. 9), Canton Charge (Mar. 12), and Grand Rapids (Mar. 15). Two of the last three games of the season will be played at home as the Stockton Kings host the Greensboro Swarm (Mar. 17), at South Bay Lakers for the final road matchup of the season (Mar. 21), and the final home game against the inaugural Capital City Go-Go on Saturday, Mar. 23 at 7pm.
KEY FACTS ABOUT THE STOCKTON KINGS 2018-19 SCHEDULE
- By month, the schedule breaks down as follows: November (6 home, 4 away = 10 total), December (4 home, 3 away = 7 total), January (5 home, 8 away = 13 total), February (6 home, 3 away = 9 total), March (3 home, 6 away = 9 total)
- By day, the schedule breaks down as follows: Monday (4 home, 2 away = 6 total), Tuesday (2 home, 2 away = 4 total), Wednesday (1 home, 5 away = 6 total), Thursday (2 home, 4 away = 6 total), Friday (6 home, 2 away = 8 total), Saturday (3 home, 8 away = 11 total), Sunday (6 home, 1 away = 7 total).
- Stockton’s longest homestand is five games on one occasion: Wednesday, Feb. 13 thru Thursday, Feb. 28.
- The Stockton Kings embark on their longest road trip of five games from Wednesday, Mar. 6 thru Thursday, Mar. 15 with stops against Oklahoma City (Game will be played in Wichita, Kan. Mar. 6), Rio Grande Valley (Mar. 8), Austin (Mar. 9) and Canton (Mar. 12), and Grand Rapids (Mar. 15).
- Of the team’s six back-to-back sets, three are of the home-home variety, one is home-away and two are of the away-away variety.
- There are zero instances of 4 games in 5 nights and also zero instances of 5 games in 7 nights.
- The Stockton Kings 24-game home schedule features fifteen weekend contests at the Stockton Arena (six games on Fridays, three on Saturdays and six on Sundays).
About the Stockton Kings:
The Stockton Kings are a member of the NBA G League, the official minor league of the NBA. The Stockton Kings are affiliated with the Sacramento Kings. Season tickets for the 2018-19 season are on sale now! For more information, call the Stockton Kings front office at (209) 360 – 2229. or visit StocktonKings.com. Follow us on Twitter @StocktonKings and “like” the Stockton Kings on Facebook at Facebook.com/KingsStockton. The NBA G League is the NBA’s official minor league, preparing players, coaches, officials, trainers, and front-office staff for the NBA while acting as the league’s research and development laboratory. Featuring 27 teams — all with one-to-one affiliations with NBA franchises — in the 2018 -19 season, the league offers elite professional basketball at an affordable price in a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. In fostering the league’s connection to the community, its teams, players and staff promote health and wellness, support local needs and interests, and assist in educational development through NBA G League Cares programs.