— Kings Open at Stockton Arena Nov. 14 against Agua Caliente Clippers —
This season, the NBA G League is implementing an innovative structure, which will include two parts (a 14-game Showcase Cup and a traditional 36-game regular season) to create additional excitement and increase competition.
The Stockton Kings tip off the 2021-22 Showcase Cup on the road against Santa Cruz Warriors on Friday, Nov. 5 at 7pm for the first game of a back-to-back set. The team returns to Stockton Arena for its home opener on Sunday, Nov. 14 at 2pm versus division foe Agua Caliente Clippers, as part of another back-to-back set with the second game on Monday, Nov. 15 at 7pm.
Stockton goes into Thanksgiving week with two games at Salt Lake City (Nov. 23 and Nov. 26) before coming home to face G League Ignite for two matchups (Nov. 28 and Nov. 29). To begin December, the Stockton Kings will host a pair of games versus South Bay (Dec. 10 and Dec. 11) before going on the road at Oklahoma City (Dec. 15 and Dec. 17). Stockton will then finish the Showcase Cup at NBA G League Winter Showcase before beginning regular season play in Iowa (Dec. 28 and Dec. 30). After the Showcase Cup, team records will reset and teams will compete in the regular season, followed by a traditional NBA G League Playoffs, where the top six teams in each conference will qualify based solely on their performance in those 36 games.
The new year opens with a trip to Austin (Jan. 2) before Stockton hosts eight of its 11 total games throughout January, marking the team’s season-high home tally during a month. The Stockton Kings will welcome Birmingham (Jan. 5 and Jan. 6), Oklahoma City (Jan. 9) and Agua Caliente (Jan. 14), trek to Santa Cruz for a solo matchup (Jan. 17), then host Sioux Falls for two dates (Jan. 20 and Jan. 23). The team visits Agua Caliente (Jan. 24) before closing the month back home against Salt Lake City (Jan. 27) and Iowa (Jan. 28).
In February, the schedule flips the script as the Stockton Kings hit the road for six of its 10 games, beginning with a pair of bouts against the Texas Legends (Feb. 2 and Feb. 4). Stockton plays their first back-to-back of the month at home versus Rio Grande (Feb. 8) and Salt Lake City (Feb. 9), then wraps up the week at Sioux Falls (Feb. 11). The Texas Legends come to town (Feb. 15) before Stockton travels to Tennessee for its final game before the All-Star break against Memphis Hustle (Feb. 17). The month ends with a home and away back-to-back set versus South Bay (Feb. 23) and at Agua Caliente (Feb. 24), followed by a rematch with the Lakers in Southern California (Feb. 26).
Stockton’s regular season closes with an even split of seven games each at home and on the road. The month of March tips-off with three matchups at Stockton Arena versus Santa Cruz (March 2), Memphis Hustle (March 8) and Santa Cruz (March 10). The Stockton Kings play at South Bay (March 12) before returning for the final home games of the regular season hosting Oklahoma City (March 17) and Austin (March 19 and March 21). The schedule ends with a season-high six game road trip, as the team will head to Oklahoma City (March 23), Rio Grande (March 25 and March 26), Memphis (March 29), Birmingham (March 31) and the finale in Salt Lake City (April 2).
KEY FACTS ABOUT THE STOCKTON KINGS 2021-22 SCHEDULE
- By month, the schedule breaks down as follows: November (4 home, 4 away = 8 total), December (2 home, 4 away = 6 total), January (8 home, 3 away = 11 total), February (4 home, 6 away = 10 total), March (6 home, 6 away = 12 total), April (0 home, 1 away = 1 total).
- By day, the schedule breaks down as follows: Monday (3 home, 2 away = 5 total), Tuesday (3 home, 3 away = 6 total), Wednesday (4 home, 3 away = 7 total), Thursday (5 home, 4 away = 9 total), Friday (3 home, 6 away = 9 total), Saturday (2 home, 5 away = 7 total), Sunday (4 home, 1 away = 5 total)
- Stockton’s longest homestand is four games: Wednesday, Jan. 5 thru Friday, Jan. 14.
- The Stockton Kings embark on their longest road trip of six games from Wednesday, March 23 thru Saturday, April 2 visiting Oklahoma City (March 23), Rio Grande Valley (March 25 and March 26), Memphis (March 29), Birmingham (March 31) and Salt Lake City (April 2).
- Of the team’s ten back-to-back sets, six are of the home-home variety, two are home-away and two are of the away-away variety.
- There are zero instances of 4 games in 5 nights and also zero instances of 5 games in 7 nights.
- The Stockton Kings 24-game home schedule features nine weekend contests at Stockton Arena (three games on Fridays, two games on Saturdays and four games on Sundays).
# # #
About the Stockton Kings
The Stockton Kings are a member of the NBA G League, the official minor league of the NBA. The Stockton Kings are affiliated with the Sacramento Kings. For more information on the 2021-22 season presented by Kaiser Permanente, call the Stockton Kings front office at 888.KNGS.209 or visit StocktonKings.com. Follow the team on Twitter @StocktonKings, Instagram @StocktonKings and on Facebook at Facebook.com/KingsStockton.
About the NBA G League
The NBA’s official minor league, the NBA G League prepares players, coaches, officials, trainers and front-office staff for the NBA while acting as the league’s research and development laboratory. Featuring 29 teams, 28 with direct affiliations to NBA franchises for 2020-21, the league offers elite professional basketball at an affordable price in a fun, family-friendly atmosphere. A record 45 percent of all NBA players at the start of the 2020-21 season boasted NBA G League experience. In fostering the league’s connection to the community, its teams, players and staff promote health and wellness, support local needs and interests, and assist in educational development through NBA Cares programs.